Your safety is our top priority.
Our team is monitoring the COVID-19 situation weekly and following guidelines set forth by federal/local governments and health agencies, and are in close contact with local authorities.
With the show being several months away, we remain cautiously optimistic that we will be able to host a safe event in August. We are also working with other Emerald brands staging live shows ahead of our event to ensure the highest level of control measures and best practices are being implemented.
We will be updating this page regularly as we continue to determine guidelines for HD Expo + Conference 2021. Our focus is to provide attendees, exhibitors and the greater active community with all the resources needed for a safe and successful event.
Health Protocols + Screenings
Will there be temp screenings for exhibitors and attendees?
Yes. We will designate and identify certain entrances and exits with signage. Security will be temperature screening at the main doors to expo hall.
Mandalay Bay will also designated temperature checks for guests coming into the casino portion of the hotel.
Will we provide any sort of health kit for exhibitors?
Will masks be required? Will masks be provided by HD Expo?
Yes and yes. Masks will be required in all areas of the Mandalay Bay Convention Center and hotel. This includes move in, show hours, and move out periods.
Masks will also be provided by HD Expo + Conference upon entering the expo hall, if one is needed.
Where will the hand sanitation stations be located at?
Hand sanitizers stations will be placed every 200 feet throughout public spaces in Mandalay Bay.
Hand sanitizer stations will also be placed throughout the show floor based on total NSF.
Will there be enter only and exit only doors?
Booth suggestions: How many people should be in my booth?
For example: For 100 square feet of exhibit space with 6 feet required (approximately 2 meters) as the recommended physical distance between people, divide 100 by 28 and your capacity would be 3.5 people. (This calculation assumes each individual must have at least 28 square feet (2.6 square meters) of space. – Keep 6 feet apart.
Will we have physical distance markers for restrooms, snack bars?
What about HVAC/air filtration at Mandalay Bay?
Food + Beverage
How will food and beverage be served on the show floor?
- All food will be pre-packaged or served by a chef/banquet server—there will be no self-service
- Seating will be set up in compliance with recommended social distancing capacities per table
- Bar service areas will have plexiglass dividers and social distancing signage reminders
Can exhibitors host Happy Hour in booths with bars and food?
Yes, you can still rent bars or serve food items in your booth. All catering needs to be ordered through the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and all food will be pre-packaged or served by a chef or banquet server/bartender.
Do you require extra space for the Mandalay Bay Convention Center staff?
Yes, if you choose a station that requires a Chef. We typically need a front and back service station depending on the food or beverage item.
We also have an opening night reception with bars. Will there be any restrictions for the bartender?
Bars are now allowed to be in the area and will require plexiglass partitions and appropriate signage.
Booth Design Best Practices
Establish clear points of entry and exit, and create a plan for managing floor traffic. Be sure to consider the following recommendations:
- Creating recommended pathways based on different interests
- Creating a tour path that incorporates protocols for touching product, or even creating a touchless tour
- Ways to create opportunities for different and unique customer engagement
- Scheduling specific booth tour times
- Extra space to accommodate social distancing
- Incorporating virtual displays to reduce costs and/or physical touchpoints
- Using floor graphics or directional to guide traffic flow (for some exhibitors, this could be a creative way to use new products!)
- Live plants to help with air filtration
- Adding partition dividers between close displays
What are your plans for providing a convenient, engaging, and safe booth experience? Here’s some ideas to consider:
- Giving away branded face masks, hand sanitizer, or other health and safety conscious items
- Think about digital swag options such as a gift card or a donation to a charity organization, or low contact, pre-packaged items
- Consider food options that can be easily pre-packaged or served by a chef/banquet server, such as such as snack boxes or single serving beverages
Think about “low touch” marketing materials that create high brand visibility.
- Share marketing materials through a QR code that links to a landing page where attendees can digitally view or download print-ready PDFs
- Transform areas into interactive digital vignettes
What cleaning and sanitary practices will you follow in your booth? Consider:
- Having a someone actively cleaning surfaces and products displayed
- Adding a handwashing or hand sanitizer station at the entrance and exit of your booth
- Dedicating specific times of the day to a deeper booth clean
- Placing greeters at the entrance to brief those who enter on safety protocols
- Adding air purifiers
- Freeman: Concepts to ReEngage
- Freeman: Concepts to ReEngage Video
- Freeman: Commitment and Hygiene Protocols
- Freeman: Design Considerations for a Post-COVID-19 World
Venue and Local Information
- MGM Seven Point Safety Plan
- Vegas – Stay Smart. Stay Healthy
- Convene with Confidence at MGM properties – Meetings and Events Health Protocols
I’m interested in exhibiting and looking for more details.